In last phase we did excellent improvements in Devanagari, Gujarati, Gurumukhi and Malayalam with Lohit2 projects. Bengali is already done i need to test it for completeness then i can do the release of same soon.
Now remaining are Kannada, Oriya, Tamil and Telugu. We are moving ahead and started working on Tamil development now.
Improvements we are planning to do are as follows:
- Renaming glyphs as per AGL.
- Rewriting Open type rules following 'taml' and "tml2" 
- Create testing file which covers most of the combinations.
- Testing with Harfbuzz and Uniscribe.
- Auto testing module.
- Feature file compiled with AFDKO. (Adobe fonts development kit for Open Type) 
- Follow Tamil script standards. Unicode.
I need help specifically for following items.
- Creating test file with adding important combinations.
- Identifying standards around Tamil script, i did not found other than Unicode yet.