|Tokyo streets at night|
I am sure most of you must be aware regarding G11N FAD happening from 1st to 3rd Nov in Tokyo Japan.
This blog is specifically to highlight present status of FAD.
- All attendees travel and accommodation stuff done. This was most challenging part since Tokyo is very costly and managing everything in budget was difficult. Thanks to all attendees to agree for partial subsidy.
- Tickets filed for subsidy requests.
- VISA's done.
- Venue room bookings done.
- Schedule is almost done. Earlier we were planning to cover all topics in session type manner. Jens suggested covering it through hackathon will be more productive. Everyone agreed and now we have almost 50-60% time specifically for hackathon.
- Lunch arrangement almost done.
- Social Event - Dinner place not decided yet.
- Fedora 23 release party. Had couple of issues for this but looks ok. 1st is Fedora 23 schedule slip by one week. Still we are lucky planning this exactly on 3rd Nov. :) 2nd Waiting for confirmation from Japanese Ambassador David (Dramsey). Earlier got positive response from him so expecting he will be there.
- Glibc locales sub-packaing
- Automated testing for i18n and l10n.
- Localizing Fedora magazine articles.
- Review on recent Fedora Zanata users survey.
- ...and much more
What should other do?
If you have any queries or nice idea on G11N side, feel free to send email to g11n AT lists DOT fedoraproject DOT org
Remote attendees: If everything goes well, one can simply dial in and listen all the presentation. Though remote participating in hackathon will be difficult but will try to communicate through irc. We already have couple of Remote participants.
For more information stay tuned on #fedora-g11n and g11n AT lists DOT fedoraproject DOT org